Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Getting Serious With Hummingbirds

In looking over my last hummingbird images from my previous posting I realized I wasn't all that happy with them. This afternoon I decided that I could do much better. With that in mind I waited for a break in the weather and headed into the backyard. I watched where they were landing and then focused on the backgrounds behind their landing spots. I found that the dark forest worked the best. In editing the images this evening I'm really happy with how they came out. Merry Christmas, chris All images were created with a Canon 7D and a Tamron 150-600mm F5-6.3 Di VC USD, All images were at 600mm. The camera was supported on a Manfrotto 055XPROB tripod with a Bogen ballhead. Camera settings used were AV mode, ISO 1600 F8.0 shutter speeds varied. #TeamCanon

6 comments:

  1. Very nice shots! Do you know what kind of hummingbirds these are? I just put a post on my own blog about a hummer who looked a lot like the one on the right. I'm thinking Anna's Hummingbird, but really don't know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmnn... sorry for the long delay Split Pea Traveler. I responded to your question earlier but I can see now that it didn't post. You are correct in that these are Anna's Hummingbirds! All of these are males.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you so very much for such a nice comment, Jenny Owen.

      Delete
  3. Adorably gorgeous hummingbird captures.

    [http://shutterbugphlogger.blogspot.ca/]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marie. It's fun to photograph them when they are perched because it just involves setting up near their perch with a good background behind them and patiently waiting for them to return from feeding.

      Delete