Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Fading Light

Yesterday evening Lenore and I were heading up I-5 and it was getting close to sunset. I asked Lenore if she wanted to take a detour from our route and take the auto tour through Sacramento National Wildlife Refuge. She readily agreed as we sped northward. We could see a beautiful sunset in the making as we hurried along towards the refuge exit. After pulling it the refuge we literally ran to get the cameras out of the back of the car and onto the auto route. The lighting was really soft when we found our first subject a shore bird in one of the first ponds we passed. Further on we the captured some snow geese landing almost next to the tour route. By the time we made it to the observation deck on the east end of the refuge the sun was down and there was an incredible sunset in full swing. I caught a flock of Ibis flying by and the I was into capturing the sunset and whatever silhouettes I could grab. What a gorgeous way to end the day! God's love and blessings to all, chris

No comments:

Post a Comment