Monday, February 8, 2016

Paper Whites

The first thing that caught my attention this morning when I was coming down the stairs were the Paper Whites blooming on the window ledge. They just started to open up yesterday and this morning they were in full bloom. My mind went into creation mode and I was thinking of how I could capture that bright glow of the white blossoms in the morning light. I grabbed a piece of white paper and taped it to the window behind it. Immediately the flower went into the shadow of the paper. I moved the flower further out onto the widow ledge back in the light. Now that was better, the flower was well lit but the paper was still in shadow. I ran back upstairs and grabbed a big gold reflector. Bouncing some light onto the paper worked really great.Next I spritzed the flower with some water to add some interest. Now I was ready to photograph it. I grabbed my Canon 7D and a 100 mm macro lens put it on a tripod. I composed it and I was set. After a few attempts I remembered to overexpose the flower by one stop and I had the image that I had in my mind. May God bless you and keep you, chris Canon 7D on a Manfrotto tripod. Camera settings used. AV mode, ISO 200 F 16.0 at 1/125th of a sec.

No comments:

Post a Comment