Monday, October 31, 2016

Time for the Creepy Crawlies to Come Out

It has been such a gift to get all of this the rain. We have had rain off and on for the past week. Saturday when I went outside to grab some wood for the wood stove I noticed something moving down by the corner of the steps. I tossed the wood into the stove and quickly came back outside curious as to what I had seen. I bent down under the step and saw a Rough Skinned Newt slowly trying to crawl away. I carefully picked it up and put it temporarily in captivity before photographing it. Then I gently put it back under the step to let it go.With the rains we will be seeing a lot more newts and salamanders on the move. They need to stay moist and the rains give them plenty of that! All of these images were created with a Canon 7DmkII and a 100mm macro lens on a tripod. Camera settings were AV mode, ISO 800, F 5.0 at some slow shutter speeds of 1/8th and 1/10th of a sec.

No comments:

Post a Comment