Thursday, January 26, 2017

Steller's Day or Editing Down

I spent about forty five minutes photographing Steller's Jays in the backyard this morning using the perch had I set up earlier in the week. When I was finished I had thirty seven images of Jays to upload and edit on my computer. As the images upload one at a time I edit them by marking the ones that look promising. After they had all uploaded I had marked a dozen of them that looked pretty decent. Next I went through and checked them for good eye contact and correct exposure. That narrowed the dozen images down to nine. Following that I processed the RAW files by checking and adjusting exposure, clarity and saturation and sometimes shadow detail. Along with some use of the correction brush for some finer details. The last step was to reduce the noise and sharpen them. I ended up with nine images which I narrowed down to my one favorite. My favorite was number seven though I cropped it to improve the composition a bit. Which one would you choose? God's love and blessings to all of you, chris All images were created with a Canon 7D MkII and a Canon 100-400 IS lens v. 1 #teamcanon

3 comments:

  1. Though number three gives number seven a run for its money!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you so very much for picking one out and commenting, Carol.

      Delete