Sunday, August 6, 2017

Hanging with the Hummingbirds

Yesterday afternoon I restocked all the hummingbird feeders and then I pulled up a comfortable chair and sat and watched them. They are fascinating to observe as they dart from their perches to the feeder. Once in awhile one would break off and feed on Lenore's roses or some of the flowers that we have planted down the hillside. As they fly there are flashes of white, emerald green, ruby red and brown. It's just beautiful! As usual there were plenty of skirmishes and fights over the feeders even though I have ten of them. After a bit I noticed that they were landing and fighting over one particular perch. I went back inside and grabbed my camera. I sat down on my chair with the tripod in front of me and focused it on the perch where they were landing. I started about fifteen feet away and slowly over the course of about half and hour I moved my chair closer and closer to the perch until I was roughly eight feet away. I ended up with a lot of of really nice hummingbird images. May you have a lovely Sunday. God's love and blessings to all, chris All images were created with a Canon 7D MkII camera and a Tamron 150-600 mm G2 lens. Fill flash was provided by a Canon 500 EX flash set to -2 stops.

No comments:

Post a Comment