Tuesday, August 29, 2017

My Best Side

This morning I got up a little after sunrise and worked quickly on a new set up for birds in the backyard. I placed a lichen covered branch vertically next to the bird feeder for the birds to land on. I settled into the photoblind and it didn't take the birds very long at all to find the new spot to feed. I photographed birds for about a half an hour before I got what I was looking for. Here is a chickadee giving me my favorite pose the over the shoulder look. This pose accents the field markings and plumage of the Chestnut Backed Chickadee just perfectly! May you have a blessed day, chris This image was created with a Canon 7D MkII camera and a Canon 100-400IS v.1 lens. Fill flash was provided by a Canon 550EX flash set to -2 and 1/3 stops. the camera settings used were AV mode, ISO 800, F 8.0 at 1/80th of a sec. Thecamera was supported with a Manfrotto 055 XPROB tripod. #TeamCanon, Secrets of Backyard Bird Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment