Wednesday, August 23, 2017

One Little Chickadee

I started off my day slowly with a leisurely breakfast. Then I went out into the backyard and created a new bird photography set up. I used a lichen covered broken off oak branch I picked up from a fallen tree when Lenore and I were out shopping. After finishing the set up I climbed into my photoblind and waited. There was the thrum of the hummingbirds going back and forth to the nectar feeders and the occasional thunk of an acorn hitting the forest floor. At first there was very little activity. Then the birds found the spot of where the bird feeder had been moved to. After that the action was non stop with one bird after another coming into feed. I photographed birds for about n hour before the light started to get too bright. Here is my favorite Chestnut Backed Chickadee image from the morning. God's precious love to all, chris This image was created with a Canon 7D MkII camera and a Tamron 150-600mm G2 lens at 500mm. The camera was supported with a Manfrotto 055 XPROB Pro tripod with a Bogen 3055 heavy duty ballhead. The camera settings used were AV mode, ISO 800, F8.0 at 1/100th of a sec.#TeamCanon, #WithMyTamron, Secrets of Backyard Bird Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment