Friday, April 25, 2014

Beauty is in the Details

One of the joys of using a photoblind is in getting to see wildlife close up. Typically my blind is less than fifteen feet away from the feeders and often for small birds as close as six feet. Combining that short distance with using a telephoto lens I'm incredibly close to what I'm photographing. It's so cool to be practically eye to eye with the creatures I'm photographing. Being so close you really have to work slowly and carefully as any noise or movement can spook them. Yesterday I was just about to click the shutter when I ever so slightly moved my foot causing a scraping sound and the bird was gone in the blink of an eye. It takes a lot of patience and work but it is a lot of fun. Here are some portraits from yesterday in the photoblind. Two Band-tailed Pigeons, chimpunk and a western Grey Squirrel. God's love and blessings to all, chris Camera Equipment Used- Canon 7D, Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Lens at 400mm, Manfrotto 055XPROB Tripod with a Bogen 3055 Ballhead. Camera Settings- AV mode, ISO 400,F stop F5.6 and a shutter speed varied.

No comments:

Post a Comment