Thursday, April 10, 2014

Build Up

This morning I placed a perchless feeder next to a Lilac blossom. The only way the birds could use the feeder was to perch on the blossom. After setting it up I climbed into the photoblind and then there was the long wait. Whenever I restock the bird feeders or put up a new feeder there is almost always a disruption of the natural flow of birds to the feeders. There is a long lull until things slowly start building back up to normal. It's interesting that when you are in a photoblind that your sense of hearing becomes much more acute. You can hear the birds slowly working there way inward from the trees. The loudest were a pair of Red Breasted Nuthatches. I could hear them getting closer and closer. I was getting ready with my finger on the shutter release looking for them. One of them finally landed on a perch close enough to my blind for me to photograph it. Then the unplanned happened. One of the pair landed on the blossom and crash landed. It was rather interesting as the blossom could barely support their weight. They would launch themselves from the blossom at the feeder to grab a seed and fly off. I had a great time photographing them and they in turn loved the free food. God's precious love to all, chris Camera Equipment Used- Canon 7D, Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Lens Manfrotto 055XPROB Tripod with a Bogen 3055 Ballhead. Camera Settings- AV mode, ISO 400,F stop F5.6,Shutter speed varied

No comments:

Post a Comment