Friday, April 4, 2014

Lots of Juncos

It's always amazing to me how wildlife populations shift. I have been photographing birds in the Little Lake Valley for years. I hardly ever photographed Dark Eyed Juncos there until last year. At my house at over thousand feet higher and in a mixed coniferous forest they have always been plentiful. For some reason last year and this year there just seems to be a plethora of Juncos down in the valley. Yesterday afternoon they were the dominant species coming to the bird feeders. In fact I didn't photograph anything else. I was excited to see the my first Lesser Goldfinch come to the feeders in full breeding colors. I didn't get to photograph it but it was a joy to see. Here are some beautiful Dark Eyed Juncos for your viewing pleasure. God's blessings to all, chris Camera Equipment Used- Canon 7D, Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Lens Manfrotto 055XPROB Tripod with a Bogen 3055 Ballhead. Camera Settings- AV mode, ISO 400,F stop F5.6,Shutter speed varied

4 comments:

  1. Cute, ah, want to feel good about it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, madeinchinawigs. I think they are pretty cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photographs are really great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much for such a nice compliment, Arcano.

    ReplyDelete