Friday, April 18, 2014

More Mangle

This morning dawned bright and beautiful with high clouds in the sky. The Little Lake Valley below was gorgeous. It was covered in a light fog. A great morning for photography. I needed to photograph some images for my upcoming book and the lighting was perfect. I had just finished my work when I heard a Wild Turkey gobbling down the ridge from us. I threw my tripod over my shoulder, grabbed a handful of bird seed and I ran out front. I threw the bird seed behind a log and went into my photoblind and waited. I had a only short wait before a turkey ambled out from behind a fir tree and found the seed. It was "Mangle" the Wild Turkey. Below is a close up image of his mangled tail. You can probably see why I nick named him Mangle. It's pretty distinctive. He must have had a bad run in with something big and luckily he survived. He stayed around for quite a while eating the seed before he trotted off down the ridge. God's love to all, chris Camera Equipment Used- Canon 7D, Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Lens, Manfrotto 055XPROB Tripod with a Bogen 3055 Ballhead. Camera Settings- AV mode, ISO 400,F stop and shutter speed varied. #SecretsofBackyardBirdPhotography

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous. I like the first and second shots. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for dropping in for a look and commenting Isabelle Zita. I must say I really do like the first one too. though my other choice would be the last one.

    ReplyDelete