Thursday, April 24, 2014

Springtime Nuthatch

Yesterday afternoon I was working on a set up that I felt would be really spring like. This morning I was up and about early so I could put it to use. I had a quick breakfast and I headed out to my backyard photoblind. Right after I climbed into the photoblind a Band-Tailed Pigeon Pigeon with a loud flapping of wings settled down onto the feeder. Which is pretty unusual for a Bandtail. They usually wait for a really long time to use the feeders by first allowing other birds to use the feeder just to be sure it is safe. Because I was set up for small birds the pigeon was way to close for a full body image. Later a chipmunk and a Western Gray Squirrel stopped in for a snack.I was about to call it quits when a pair of red Breasted Nuthatches started using the feeder. I waited and waited for one to land in the right place. Finally one landed exactly where I wanted. With a click I had the image I had visualized.
May you have a wonderful day, chris Camera Equipment Used- Canon 7D, Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Lens at 400mm, Manfrotto 055XPROB Tripod with a Bogen 3055 Ballhead. Camera Settings- AV mode, ISO 400,F stop F5.6 and a shutter speed of 1/200th of a sec.

2 comments: