Saturday, April 12, 2014

Lilac in the Air

Yesterday afternoon found me in my backyard photoblind with the fragrance of Lilac in the air. It was heavenly. I was photographing the Red Breasted Nuthatches coming to my bird feeder with our Lilac bush in the background. What a beautiful setting for photographing birds. This was my favorite image from the set. God's precious love to all, chris Camera Equipment Used- Canon 7D, Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Lens at 400 mm, Manfrotto 055XPROB Tripod with a Bogen 3055 Ballhead. Camera Settings- AV mode, ISO 400,F stop F5.6,Shutter speed 1/500th of a sec.

4 comments:

  1. In my country (Poland), this bird is called "Kowalik" :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked it up and this is what I found. English:
      Wood or Siberian Nuthatch
      Czech:
      brhlík lesní
      German:
      Kleiber
      Danish:
      Spætmejse
      Spanish:
      Trepador Azul
      Finnish:
      pähkinänakkeli
      French:
      Sittelle torchepot ou S. de Sibérie
      Icelandic:
      Hnotigða
      Italian:
      Picchio muratore europeo
      Japanese:
      gojuukara
      Japanese:
      ゴジュウガラ
      Dutch:
      Boomklever
      Norwegian:
      Spettmeis
      Polish:
      kowalik
      Portuguese:
      Trepadeira-azul
      Russian:
      Поползень
      Slovak:
      brhlík obyčajný
      Swedish:
      Nötväcka
      Chinese:
      普通䴓

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I agree madeinchinawigs they are indeed a beautiful bird. Thank you for stopping by and commenting.

      Delete