Monday, March 21, 2011

The Clouds Parted





This afternoon I was working away on the computer when the clouds parted and the sun partially came out. That was enough for me to grab my tripod and camera and head out to the Burris Ranch for the first time this spring. When I drove through the ranch gate I was greeted by the Ruth the ranches owner. She told me that the bluebird has been standing his post over the bluebird box where I photographed him last week. That's a good sign of things to come.

I sat in my blind for a little over an hour and a half. I photographed a Titmouse over and over again as it seemed to be the only bird that liked my set up except for the Dark Eyed Juncos of which I already have a vast collection of images of. I saw a Wren but he wasn't in a very good position to photograph. The same with a Spotted Towhee. There was one House finch that landed just long enough for me to catch a couple frames of him. I was really happy to be photographing something different.

What a beautiful afternoon spent with the birds.

Thank you Lord,
chris

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Chris. Really love the bottom two where the birds are looking into the frame. The reds are so vibrant. Wow!

    ReplyDelete