Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Nod to Michael Paul Smith

Sometimes I see another photographer's work that is so fantastic and unique that I want to try and see if I can create something similar. Several times over the past couple of years I have been amazed by the creativity of a photographer named Michael Paul Smith. He has been creating a photographic journey into the past to an imaginary town called Elgin Park. He does it through a clever use of a combination of models and real life townscapes. His work and the set ups that he has used can be viewed on flickr at http://www.flickr.com/photos/24796741@N05/ . Check it out. He has developed an amazing eye in the creation of beautiful scenes. Today in my travels through downtown Willits I stopped at a likely location with beautiful fall colors. I pulled out my model Porsche and my brownish foam core board and laid them out on the tailgate of my pickup. After a bit of adjustment( it's harder than it looks!) I created my very simple scene of a car parked on Mendocino Avenue in Willits. Thank you Michael Paul Smith. God's light and love to all, chris
Equipment Used- Canon 7D, Canon 28-135 IS at 70mm, Manfrotto 055XPROB Tripod and a 3055 Ballhead. Camera settings- AV Mode, ISO 400,F 22.0,shutter speed of 1/80th of a sec.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you , Isabelle Zita! I'm planning on doing one later this year with a toy taxi and a couple of models.

    ReplyDelete