Tuesday, November 19, 2013

The Breath of Angels

I was planning on doing some bird photography this morning but alas the rain has defeated me. It looks like I'm going to be stuck indoors working on cleaning up my office/studio which is always an ongoing project. On Sunday when I went out to photograph the birds the fog was starting to roll in and the at first the front yard was foggy and the backyard was clear and sunny. Gradually fog spilled over into the back yard creating beautiful patterns of light and fog that we call "Angel's Breath". The fancy schmancy scientific name for this effect is crepuscular rays. I like Angel's Breath better. It's a lot easier to remember too. Here are some images from the Redwood Grove in the backyard. Have a blessed day, chris

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for taking a look and leaving such a nice comment, johnbrzoza.blogspot.com!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are cool! Very picturesque, and I especially like the last shot. It has enough saturation and clarity in the trees to really stand out from the fog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Isabelle Zita. It also has a bit of contrast as well. Nice to spot your name on here. I hope things are going well for you.

    ReplyDelete