Monday, December 8, 2014

When It Rains

We have been praying for rain and out prayers have been answered! The forecast is for rain through next week with a brief break tomorrow. The fungi are loving all this moisture and are popping up everywhere. My photography has been limited to brief dashes outdoors during short breaks in the weather and whatever indoor ideas I can find or create like playing around with some light painting. What I really want is a downpour because I have an idea for an image I have had planned out for sometime now. Hopefully I can roll that image out for you to see really soon. In other news Friday night three bears came for a visit during the heavy rain. The dog started barking and I went to the upstairs deck to find out what was going on. Before I could reach the deck I heard a horrible bawling from outside below the deck. I stepped out and saw a bear running toward the house. I yelled it turned and ran the other way. I went back inside and grabbed my flashlight. When I went back out I spotted two bear cubs in the fir tree out front. Momma was in the background phlumping that she wasn't happy. I'm not sure why the bear was bawling but I'm sure not going out into the pouring rain and dark to find out. On Saturday I walked out and found that they had bent over the metal poles holding up my bird feeders so they could eat the bird seed. We had really small acorn crop in early fall so I think the bears are really hungry with winter coming on. God's love to all, chris Images created with a Canon 7D, Fungi used a Canon 100-400 IS lens. Settings used. ISO 400 F11.0 at 1/250th of a sec. The light painting was done with a Canon EFs-10-22mm lens ISO 400 f 11.0 at a 30 second exposure. The camera was supported with a Manfrotto 055 PROBX tripod and a 3055 heavy duty Bogen ballhead.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome shots of the fungus Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great light painting photo Chris,Great blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are fun to do johnbrzoza.blogspot.com. It was your video that inspired me to do some light painting as i haven't done much of it lately. Thanks for the inspiration and the comment.

    ReplyDelete