Friday, January 16, 2015


Today was the perfect day for finishing up a rainy day project that I have been working on a little at a time now for the past few days . For the longest time I have wanted to replace my old bean bag for photographing from my pick up. The newer bean bags are great but most of them are too small and they are made to fit any car or pick up. I wanted one that was a custom fit for my pick up. Wednesday I went out and measured my pick up and then designed a pattern to fit it so that the weight of the camera and bean bag not only rested on top of the door sill but onto the armrest in the door below it. I also added flat pocket on top of the bean bag so it can be used with or without an oak plate that will hold my ballhead. Last night I sewed it all together and this afternoon I filled it with styrofoam beads and sealed all the little places where my poor seaming skills left little holes for the styrofoam to escape. Then I cut and drilled an oaken plate that slides into the the top pocket. I'm really happy with the finished product. It was much chubbier than I anticipated so I decided a good name for it would be "Puff". I'm looking forward to using it for photographing deer and waterfowl once the weather clears. Good's love and blessings to all, chris

No comments:

Post a Comment