Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Simple Set Up

Yesterday morning the fog lay in the valley down below for a long time. It took until past noon to burn it off. It was sunny up where live so I decided to do some bird photography from my photoblind. I went for a very simple set up of a fern branch and a feeder. It took just a short wait before the Chestnut Backed Chickadees started coming for the free food. They absolutely love Black Sunflower Seeds.You have to be quick because they land for a fraction of a second grab a seed and go. They fly off and find a hiding place to stash the seed or they eat it and then come back for more. If they aren't disturbed by the cat, hawk or some other predator the action can be non stop. It takes me a lot more time to edit the images than it does to create them. I had a great time and I came away with some really nice images. God bless, chris Images were created with a Canon 7D and a Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM at 400mm. AV mode ISO 800.

2 comments:

  1. This foggy wood shot is just beautiful! Very mystical

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, µ²-photography. That view is a very common from where I live and I rarely tire of it.

    ReplyDelete