Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Dreamland: Never Stop Learning

Last night before I drifted off to sleep I was day dreaming of the images I wanted to create this morning. As I lay there I was envisioning all of the steps I needed to take to make these images happen. We all know of the best laid plans of mice and men. They don't always work out the way we had planned. Such was the case with this morning. I really had to work to figure out what was going on. First off there was a major glare . There was a huge hot spot on the background I was using. I had to move the backdrop numerous times to eliminate it. The second and biggest problem was the expposures. They ended up being all over the map. I finally learned that the flashes weren't fully charging and were either not going off or they were firing at less than a full charge. I can be a slow learner some times. I remembered from last year that the rechargeable Enloops batteries can only be used at most two times and here I was attempting a third time. There is always something new to be learned in photography. That is part of what makes it fun and exciting. I had to slow down and let the flashes fully charge between each shot. the my exposure somewhat stabilized. I got some really nice images this morning and in this case I relearned something along the way. Time to recharge all of the batteries! God bless, chrisAll of these images were created with a Canon 7D MkII camera and a Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM V.1 lens supported on a Manfrotto 055 XPROB pro Tripod with a Bogen heavy duty ballhead.. Flash was provided by six Canon 54EZ flashes set to 1/16th power. The camera settings used were. Manual mode, ISO 100, F14.0 at 1/160th of a sec.#TeamCanon

2 comments: