Thursday, September 28, 2017

Working the Set Up

Yesterday afternoon I worked on changing the background for the sunflower set up I have been using in the backyard. I thought a fall color background would go very nicely with the sunflower. This morning with a new sunflower in hand I went out into the backyard to photograph the birds. Upon arrival I discovered that the squirrels had devastated the feeder. So the first order of the day was to put up a new bird feeder. I have a love/strong dislike relationship with the squirrels. They can be a lot of fun to photograph but they do take a toll on my bird feeders by chewing them apart. I spent less than half an hour photographing birds almost non stop as they kept coming into the perch one right after the other.It sure kept my eye glues to the viewfinder of the camera! After editing the images this morning this Red Breasted Nuthatch ended up being my overall favorite. God's light and love to all, chrisThe nuthach image was created with my Canon 7D MkII camera and a Canon 100-400 L IS USM v.1 lens at 350mm on a Manfrotto 055 XPROB Pro tripod. The camera settings used were AV mode, ISO 800, F 8.0 at 1/200th of a sec. Fill flash was provided by a Canon 550EX flash set to -2 stops. #TeamCanon

2 comments: