Monday, September 11, 2017

Patience Required

Wildlife photography requires a lot of patience in waiting for the right moment. Yesterday afternoon it was really hot outside when I set up my photoblind and camera next to the small water feature in the backyard. Almost immediately after I had settled in a Douglas Tree Squirrel showed up at the same time as Papaya the Blasted Cat! I had to climb out of the blind and capture the cat which quickly begun stalking the squirrel. After depositing the cat indoors I sat and waited for the squirrel to return from its chirping in the trees above the blind. It didn't take too long and it came down and resumed feeding on the black sunflower seed I had placed in a small feeder off to the side of pond. I knew that eventually it was going to get thirsty. I focused and composed my camera on the most likely spot that it was going to come for a drink and waited. Birds came and went as I waited. I waited and waited. Another squirrel arrived and was warned off with guttural chatter by the little squirrel I was watching. I waited and waited some more. Then it turned and climbed up over the rocks right where I had been focused for a cool refreshing drink. After recomposing slightly I made several images. It was well worth the wait. God's blessing upon your week, chris Canoon 7D MkII camera and a Tamron SP 150-600mm f/5-6.3 Di G2 Vc Usd Lens. #TeamCanon, #withmytamron

No comments:

Post a Comment