Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Girl Squirrel and a Chickadee

I popped up an old knothole feeder this morning in the backyard. Within minutes the Chestnut Backed Chickadees were all over it. I grabbed my tripod, camera and a telephoto lens and went out and photographed them for about half an hour or so. Here are my two favorite images. Have a great day and God bless, chris Both images were created with a Canon 7D MkII camera and a Canon 100-400 IS L USM V. 1 lens on a Manfrotto 190 XPROB Tripod. Fill flash was provided by a Canon 550 EX flash set to -1and 2/3rds stops.#TeamCanon

3 comments:

  1. Chris, you are the best. Such dear little mammals the squirrels. I've taken to buying them peanuts and occasionally walnuts, which they really love, but does that make them dependencies? God's love back to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't believe it does as I often can go for long periods of not feeding them and the same squirrels show back up. Which indicates to me they aren't suffering for food when I'm not feeding them. There is some controversy surrounding this very subject. There are some that believe we shouldn't even use bird feeders to feed the birds.

      Delete
  2. Thank you. It is certainly a joy to have this amicable relationship with the free animals of the neighbourhood. And yes, the bird feeder is full with the onset of the colder temperatures.

    ReplyDelete