Monday, October 23, 2017

Still Orange

This morning I'm still sticking with the orange color theme or maybe red orange depending upon your perception of the color palette. Last night I put up a new perch and got everything set up for this morning. So not long after dawn this morning I was out in the photoblind. I was very happy to see a few Dark Eyed Juncos come to the feeder. This last year they have been in short supply. A few years back they were the most dominant bird in my backyard. I guess things go in cycles. After photographing birds for awhile the blasted cat showed up. I yelled at her and I was very surprised to actually see her leave. Normally I have to climb out of the blind and deposit her in the house. Soon after the Western Gray Squirrels showed up and I made no attempts to scare them off as I wanted to capture a nice image of one. I got quite a few nice ones but below is my favorite. God's blessings upon your week, chris Both images were created with a Canon 7D MkII camera and a Canon 100-400 L IS USM V.1 lens. Fill flash was provided by a Canon 550 EX flash set to -1-2/3rds stops. The camera settings used were AV mode, ISO 800,F 8.0 at 1/125th of a sec. for the squirrel and 1/30th of a sec for the Junco.#TeamCanon

No comments:

Post a Comment