Monday, November 20, 2017

Lichen and a Splash of Color

Yesterday morning I wanted to create a simple image with a splash of color. I thought about it a little bit and grabbed a lichen covered branch and clamped it up beside the bird feeder to use as a perch for the birds to land on. For a splash of color I added a fall covered backdrop about eight feet back behind the perch. Next I went back and forth between our back bedroom and the set up adjusting things so that they looked just right when I was looking through the camera's view finder. For the camera settings I put the camera in AV mode so I could choose the F stop. I used an F stop of 8.0 so the background would be out of focus. For my ISO I set it at 800 a it was fairly cloudy out. I waited for a bit until the birds found the feeder and started using it and i could start photographing them. Three or four times I had to yell at the squirrels to chase them away as I didn't give them their own feeder. After creating over a hundred images. I went upstairs to my computer to edit them. It didn't take very long to eliminate the ones with chopped off tails and heads. After that I got rid of the ones that were way too soft or out of focus. Fairly quickly I was down to just one image. Here is my favorite from the morning a Red Breasted Nuthatch. I love how the bird's plumage matches up with the background colors. God's blessings upon your week, chris This image was created with a Canon 7D MkII camera and a Tamron 150-600mm G2 lens at 600mm. The camera was placed on a ground pod on our back bedroom window ledge with a Bogen 3055 heavy duty ballhead. #TeamCanon, #WithMyTamron

No comments:

Post a Comment