Saturday, November 18, 2017

Waterfowl at One of the Crown Jewels of Santa Rosa

Yesterday I drove my Mom down to Santa Rosa, Ca for a doctors appointment. It was the first time that I have visited Santa Rosa since the terrible fires. I was totally shocked by what I saw as I went up over Fountain Grove Parkway. The photographer in me wanted to stop and photograph the devastation that surrounded me. But it felt so intrusive to all those people who have lost their homes. I just drove along in sadness. After I dropped off of the parkway I worked my way southward to Lake Ralphine in Howarth Park. Howarth Park and the adjacent Spring Lake Park are some of the crown jewels of Santa Rosa. They provide boating, swimming,fishing and hiking trails right within the city and are next to Annadel State Park for those that are even more adventurous. Being short on time I spent about forty five minutes photographing waterfowl along the edge of the lake.What a special place right in the city. God's love and blessings upon your evening, chris All of these images were created with a Canon 7D MkII camera and a Tamron 150-600mm G2 lens. fill flash was provided by a Canon 550 EX flash. #TeamCanon, #takenwithmytamron

No comments:

Post a Comment