Saturday, May 24, 2014

Forest Lights

Last night I went out to watch for the Camelopardalids (who thought of that name?) meteor shower. I stayed out only for the first part from ten thirty until about one thirty. There were few meteors to be seen and most of those were rather faint. In the image below you can see one in the upper right corner. This morning I slept in and missed the best mornings light for any bird photography. When I went out to check my bird feeders there was a Bark Beetle meandering across the flagstone. Here are some images of it on black and white backgrounds. It's fun to challenge yourself and try to learn something new. I see plenty of room for improvement but that's what always makes photography so interesting and fun to do. God bless, chris Camera Equipment Used- For the night sky Canon 7D, Canon 10-22mm lens at 10mm. Camera setting- Manual mode, ISO 6,400, F 3.5 at 30 seconds. For the beetle, Canon 7D and a 100mm macro lens. (2) Alien Bee studio lights with large softboxes. F 18.0 at 1/200th of a sec.

No comments:

Post a Comment