Thursday, May 29, 2014

Hummers

After sitting with the wild turkey yesterday I had a great time photographing the hummingbirds in the backyard. I took down all of the hummingbird feeders except for one. I then placed some flowers loaded up with sugar water surrounding the remaining feeder. The humming birds were quite happy with the selection as they kept alternating between the feeders and the flowers. This gave me plenty of opportunities for photographing them. Hummingbirds are like flying jewels! Such amazing birds. What a great way to start off my day. God's precious love to all, chris Equipment used- Canon 7D Canon 100-400 IS, (5)Canon 540 EZ flashes set to 1/16th power Camera settings- Manual mode ISO 200, F Stop varied, Shutter Speed 1/200th of a sec. "Secrets of Backyard Bird Photography" by J. Chris Hansen http://www.amazon.com/Secrets-Backyard-Photography-Chris-Hansen/dp/1937538559

No comments:

Post a Comment