Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Loving the Birds

Yesterday I had the urge to do some bird photography out at my photoblind in the Little Lake Valley. When I arrived at the blind not a single bird flew off and the feeders were picked clean. Not a good sign! I restocked the feeders and set up some perches and waited against a beautiful backdrop of bird song all around me. Spring is in full swing with birds claiming their territories and calling for mates. I waited some more. After close to an hour one House Finch flew in. More time passed and a few more birds came by at a very slow trickle. This is a good reason not to stay so busy I don't keep my feeders up. It was really nice being out in the photoblind as it is very relaxing with moments of intense concentration thrown in. I ended up photographing a House Finch, Acorn Woodpecker, California Towhee and a Western Bluebird. Overall a very nice morning with some beautiful bird photography. God's love and blessings to all, chris Camera Equipment Used- Canon 7D, Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Lens, Manfrotto 055XPROB Tripod with a Bogen 3055 Ballhead. Camera Settings- AV mode, ISO 400,F stop and a shutter speed varied.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes indeed they are madeinchinawigs. Thank you for dropping in and commenting.

      Delete
  2. The whole group is gorgeous, but the Bluebird picture is my favorite! Stunning images!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for commenting, Cheri-Ann Johnson.I'm glad that you like the bluebird. My favorite is the acorn Woodpecker. They have incredible personality and a a lot of fun to watch.

    ReplyDelete