Tuesday, August 19, 2014

"Simple Sunrise"

One of the things I love about sunrises is how the sun shines through the trees at the horizon. It makes branches come alive almost like glowing crystals. Here is an image from a couple of weeks ago of the sun cresting one of the ridge tops surrounding the Little Lake Valley. I really love how the tree limbs are sparkling in it. I used a telephoto lens to create this image. I had to be very careful to focus to the side of the sun and then swing the lens back to the sun without looking through the viewfinder to keep from damaging my eyes from the sun. A much smarter way of doing it would have been to use live view on the back screen of the camera. There is always more to learn! God bless, chris
Image created with a Canon 7D and a Canon 100-400 Is lens at 390mm. It was set on a Manfotto 055XB tripod with a Bogen 3055 ballhead. Camer setting used AV mode ISO 400 F16.0 at 1/4,000th of a sec. 2 stop underexposure.

No comments:

Post a Comment