Monday, December 23, 2013

Beautiful Steller's Jay

This morning I went out to do some bird photography in the backyard. Things didn't go as planned and yet everything turned out all right. The end result was not what I expected in fact it was probably better. First the blasted cat escaped when I was putting the dogs out. Naturally I couldn't catch it. It kept coming by the bird feeder and scaring the birds off. After several attempts I managed to corral it and put it back into the house. Next Lenore let the dogs out and naturally Lance the Labrador wanted to come by for a visit. As he was leaving he left an odorous deposit nearby.I had to grab a shovel and remove it. I just couldn't take the smell. Things finally settled down and I created an image of a Steller's Jay on a log close to the bird feeder. It was in soft beautiful light that really made the plumage stand out.Persistence paid off and I'm really happy with the image. May God bless you and have a great day, chris
Equipment Used- Canon 7D, Canon 100-400 L IS, Manfrotto 055XPROB Tripod with a 3055 Ballhead. Camera Setting- ISO 400, AV Mode, F8.0,1/25th of a sec.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment, Nina Kuriloff!

      Delete
  2. It's been a while since I've visited your site, but you work is as beautiful as ever. Merry Christmas Chris.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate the visit, Brian Gillespie. Thank you very much for your comment and may you have a Merry Christmas as well.

      Delete