Sunday, August 12, 2012

Dr. Seuss Strikes Again





Yesterday while watering in the back yard I came across a really weird insect.One of those perfectly suited to a Dr. Seuss book. Naturally I had to photograph it. So here are some images of it crawling all over one of Lenore's roses. I found one similar to it last year and our friend Erin was kind enough to ID it. Though I have already forgotten what she stated it was.I looked all through my field guides today and I couldn't find anything resembling it.Still it was fun to look at and photograph. Maybe it's a newly discovered insect and I can get to name it a Seussian Kagrasshopterus.

God's precious love to all,

chris

10 comments:

  1. It captured moments. Interesting pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Tojav. I really like to photograph insects. I appreciate you stopping in for a look and leaving a comment.

      Delete
  2. VOCÊ POSSUI UMA SENSIBILIDADE INCRÍVEL.SÓ GRANDE MESTRES CONSEGUEM SER ASSIM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Riaan Jordaan for your comment. I really liked how the green of the insect contrasted with the bright colors of the rose.

      Delete
  4. I have been looking for this informative blog for so long....finally I find this great
    blog here...I am so much glad for finding this awesome one...

    dracula essay questions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you found my blog Ali and that you like it. Thank you for stopping in for a look.

      Delete
  5. beautiful. where do you live? i would like to move there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am pleased that you find my images to be beautiful, Deethah Koningskind! I live in the mountains of Mendocino County two and a half hours north of San Fransisco in Northern California.

    ReplyDelete