Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Time in the Photoblind





I finally made the effort to spend some more time in the photoblind and it was totally worth it.We have had three ravens hanging around the house for the last week or so. Today I finally figured out why.They are the parents and one of their offspring.They have been hanging around keeping watch on their little one to try and keep it out of trouble.Today I set out some meat scraps for it by the bird feeder and it came by and greedily ate them up. Seeing it up close with its tattered plumage I recognized it as a very young raven.Pretty ratty looking but if it survives will grow into a beautiful adult.Soon after that a Bandtail Pigeon came for some seeds. Later just as I was getting ready to exit the blind a young hen turkey came by with her poults. What a great time in the photoblind.

God's love and blessings,

chris




4 comments:

  1. Your photos are excellent! What kind of camera and lens do you use?
    Eli

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping in for a look Eli OKeefe. I'm glad that you like them. I mostly use a Canon 50D and a Canon 100-400 IS lens for wildlife. I also use a variety of other lenses for macro and landscape work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much, Maria. It's nice of you to stop in and leave comments. I appreciate the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete