Friday, September 7, 2012

Mini Drama in the forest

This morning I dragged my feet getting out the door. My plan was to look for some deer to photograph, restock my bird feeders at the Burris Ranch, work out and then maybe do some photography of the train and logging equipment steam up at the Roots of Motive Power. They are gearing up for the Willits Kinetic Carnivale being held this weekend. After a bit of pushing I managed to get myself out the door and on the road.I found quite a few fawns in hard to photograph locations. I was at the point of giving up when I heard the sound of antlers clattering and creating quite a fuss. Just off the road in the forest I saw two small spike bucks sparring.They were really going at it with the dust and fur flying.Pretty amazing for two little spikes. They would spar for two or three minutes,then take a breather and then they would go at it again.They were still going at it when I left. What a really cool thing to watch and photograph. Sincerely and God bless, chris

8 comments:

  1. Hey cool photos was in simler woods,in N Scotland to day picking wild mushroom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a beautiful place to be! The mushroom season here typically starts in late November or early December when the rains start and lasts until late spring depending upon the variety.

      Delete
  2. Trusted Earning Sites
    So Cute Deers you are so lucky you visit that superb place ! Also the snaps make my eyes happy !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naveed, I am glad that i can make your eyes happy. I love to photograph birds and animals in the wild.

      Delete
  3. Wow these are incredible! Just curious, how many pictures did you actually take ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scrupulous meanness I looked back at the set and I took seventeen images.Many were not useable because of movement blur and/or dark shadows from the forest trees.

    ReplyDelete