Saturday, April 13, 2013

I Wish Someone Else Had a Camera

This is photblog #2 for today. But I had such a good time I had to post it. This morning I motored on out to the Burris Ranch in the Little Lake Valley to restock my bird feeders. Just before I turned into the ranch I noticed something in the road ahead. "What in the world is that?" I thought to myself. As I got closer I realized it was five Turkey vultures gathered around a dead raccoon. After restocking the bird feeders I went back to my to pick up and grabbed my camera. I figured I would make a slow approach through the pasture close enough to get some nice close up images of the vultures. As I picked my way downhill I observed that I had gathered an entourage of three horses. I would walk slowly and the stop, at which point one of the horses would move forward and nudge me in the back. I kept telling them to go away but they doggedly kept following me. Once I stopped and turned around and they flared. Not a good idea because all of the vultures flew off except one. Begrudgingly I accepting my observers as I carefully made my way to the fence at the edge of the road and braced my camera against a convenient fence post for support. Every time I would lean forward to look into the viewfinder to take an image I had three horse breathing on my neck and nudging me in the back.It was pretty humorous. I really wish there had been someone there to photograph the horses with me. I hope you are having a glorious weekend with lot's of joy and laughter. God's blessings to you, chris

8 comments:

  1. Oh I love that! It would have been a great picture of you taking a picture with those 3 horses behind you! At least your story paints a nice scene of the events! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your comment, rui medeiros. I'm glad that you stopped by and looked at my photoblog.

      Delete
  3. Thank you very much for dropping by and commenting Judy. It was a very memorable moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You tell the story well, I have seen horses do just that. Now you learn to capture the "picture" with the story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad that you stopped in for a look. Thanks you for your comment, Victor Freedman.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you very much, Gruhkhoj for dropping by for a look and leaving a comment. It's appreciated.

    ReplyDelete