Thursday, April 25, 2013

I'm So Handsome

Earlier this week I photographed out at the Burris Ranch in the Little Lake Valley below where I live in Northern California. It's great place to photograph birds as it is at the junction of three types of habitat.There is pasture land/valley floor, oak woodland and the riparian habitat of a small creek that flows through the property.Just a marvelous place for photography. When I first walked up the pasture to my photoblind a covey of California Valley Quail took off from the apple tree close to the blind. I hoped that they would come back. As it is often typical for me just about when I was ready to call it quits for the day I heard the feeding call of the quail. I heard them started working there way back down the mountain towards the blind. After a short five minute wait they were up on the bird feeder. Here is a close up image of one of the males. He is pretty handsome. May God bless you, chris

2 comments:

  1. Very Informative! This blog is great source of information which is very useful for me. Thank you very much for sharing this!
    whitetail pictures

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to have you drop by, Tom. I am glad that it is proving to be informative for you. Your welcome and thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete