Wednesday, April 10, 2013

The Long Wait

Last night I planned my morning. I was going to create a great photograph of one of the Bandtail Pigeons that have started returning to my bird feeders in the backyard. Before it got totally dark I went out back into the yard and completely redid my bird feeder set up. I left one really nice redwood perch covered in moss for the pigeon to land on when it came to feed. This morning I dragged myself out of bed,had a quick breakfast and went out into the backyard and into the photoblind. I focused my camera on the one spire of a perch I had set up last night and I waited, and I waited. Eventually I started photographing the squirrels that were coming into the feeders instead. After each short session with the squirrels I focused back onto that perch.I could hear the pigeons up in the trees but they weren't coming down and nothing was landing on that perch! I was just about to give up when a Steller's Jay landed on my perch. It wasn't a Bandtail Pigeon but it would have to do as the lighting was getting too harsh for photography.Here is my image for today. Thank you Lord for giving me such amazing subjects to photograph. God's blessings to all, chris

2 comments:

  1. That is just beautiful !! I love all the photos you post of the birds,no matter what kind of bird :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful thing to write. Thank you very much, Lia Storm!

    ReplyDelete